Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Leaves

Hello Crafty Friends!  I hope you're all having a wonderful autumn day and getting geared up for these upcoming holidays.  I just finally got my fall/Halloween decorations down from the garage shelves yesterday and hope to do a little decorating in between crafting which, may not get me very far.  I barely leave my craft shed long enough to grab a bite to eat...

I have for you today, a card that goes with our theme over at Going Grey with Scrap Creations, and that is LEAVES.  I love fall leaves!  I was born and raised in Wisconsin and always loved the change of seasons, but fall was my favorite.  Not only for the gorgeous color, but it always signaled that the holidays were coming too.
I realized, while going through my stuff, that I don't have much for fall stamps.  I have a few digital images but no fall themed Magnolia stamps (GASP!), no leaves, just pumpkins (but that isn't the theme I'm working with this week).  I believe I need to visit Diana's store very soon even though I have an order showing up any day now.

For this card, I pulled out my all time favorite leaf paper by Provo Craft that I have had forrrrevvvverrr!  It's Fluttery Things by Michelle Anderson and the stripe that I've paired it up with is Tim Coffee's Fall Stripe by K&Co.  I cut the maple leaf from thin chipboard using my Cricut and layered it three times.  Michael's is having a sale on their glitter paper this week and I went a little CRAZY!  I used the orange to back my chipboard cut-out.  The letters are Heidi Swapp's chipboard letters that I inked, and then tied that little tag to.  I stamped "I am" using my Hero Arts alphabet letters set called Handwritten onto a tag that I die cut.  The sentiment inside says "For You".  If you're interested in the full recipe, just head to the bottom of the post.

Thank You So Much for stopping by today!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges:

Die Cuttin' Divas (3 Fall Colors - Yellow, Orange & Green)
Simon Says Stamp (Dies and/or Punches)
Sweet Stampin' (Autumn Leaves/Trees)
I Brake For Challenges (I Brake For Fall)
Creative Inspirations (Anything Goes)

What I Used:

Stamps: Hero Arts (Handwritten)
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Rusty Hinge)
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
PP: Provo Craft (Fluttery Things by Michelle Anderson), K&Co. (Tim Coffee Fall Stripe), Recollections (Chipboard, Orange Glitter)
Dies: Cricut (Flower Shoppe), Memory Box (Woodland Branch) Sizzix (Mini Tags)
Misc: Recollections (Brads), Heidi Swapp (Chipboard Alphabet - She), Twine & Buttons from my craft stash.

6 comments:

Linda Palmer said...

This is a beautiful card. Love your use of the letters and twigs. Beautiful design.

Melissa Bove said...

Gorgeous card! Love that sparkly leaf and the die cut twigs!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

Hugs...
Melissa

Aunty Sue said...

Fab creation and thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations for our Anything goes challenge

Doreen said...

beautiful Autumn card - love it
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Hugs
Doreen xx

Natali said...

Gorgeous card. Love this idea with glitter leaf and beautiful background. And small details make this card even more special.
Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Autumn Leaves/Trees” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
Hugs
Natali

HelenR said...

Lovely autumn card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :) Helen x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...