Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

From The Kitchen Of

Hello there my crafty friends, it's me, Laura!

Happy Halloween!  I hope you have a fun day with your tricks-or-treats.  I know some had their festivities over the weekend, but here in AZ the games begin at sundown tonight.  My daughter invited us to go trick-or-treating with her and the kids and that is what I want to do but, that could lead to disaster.  For one, my dogs would go berserk if people were ringing the doorbell all night long and I could come home to shredded curtains and who knows what else.  Secondly, though I live in a decent neighborhood, my house would most likely get egged and/or TP'd if I wasn't handing out candy since I do live close to a high school and two middle schools (its happened before).  Then there is the option of putting out a bucket of candy and leaving a note that asks to please take one.  HA!  Last year we did this because we needed to run out for a bit.  Within the 30 minutes we were gone, all of the candy had disappeared... and I had left enough to give the whole neighborhood cavities!

Today I have my DT card for the Twist Of Faith Cards challenge where the theme is HARVEST TIME/THANKSGIVING, which started yesterday.  I did post the card yesterday, a tad late, but could not muster up the brain power to blog it until this morning.  My craft room is such a disaster right now, that my arms are resting on a pile of markers while typing this.  The disaster also lead to me spilling my coffee and ruining my first attempt at this card and then scrambling to color a new image.  Sigh...

I have used this adorable digital image called Autumn Friends from Stamp Art Design by Kathryne who is so generously sponsoring us this week.  Our random winner will receive 4 images of their choosing from Kathryne's collection over at Whimsy Stamps.  I would love it if you could stop by the TOFC challenge blog to join in the fun and take a look at the beautiful cards created by my very talented teamies.  Oh, and we're looking for two more design team members.  Pauline has all of the info posted on how to become part of the team.

The patterned papers I've chosen are some favorites that I purchased a year ago with the intention of making a cookbook.  HA!  They are designed by one of my all time favorite artists, Renae Lindgren.  I sent out Christmas cards designed by her for about three or four years in a row, until I started sending out homemade ones of course.

Thank you so much for stopping by!  Your visits and comments are so very appreciated.  I have listed the supplies I used at the bottom of this post.  Have a great day and better tomorrows!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges:

Die Cuttin Divas (Anything Goes - Die, Woodland Branch by Memory Box)
Sentimental Sundays (Pumpkins) Yay, I Made Top 3!
Sketch & Stash (#99 Kevin's Sketch)
Sweet Stampin (What's Cookin/Something To Eat)

Supplies:

Image: Stamp Art Design (Autumn Friends)
Inks: Copic Markers (Face: E11, E13, E15, R20 - Arms: E33, E37 - Hat: YR21, YR24, E37 - Heart & Neckerchief: R24, R29, R89 - Shirt: B21, B95, B99 - Gloves: YG03, G24, G28 - Pumpkin: YR04, YR07, YR21, E07 - Bird: C3, C5, C7, C9 - Beak & Feet: Y17, Y38 - Grass: G94, G99), Ranger Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Aged Mahogany, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint)
Cardstock: Bazzill
PP: Creative Imaginations (Renae Lindgren)
Dies: Memory Box (Woodland Branch)
Punches: EK Success (Paper Shapers small Apple)
Misc: Doily, Burlap Ribbon, White Crayola Pencil

8 comments:

Jenée said...

Laura, super great card. I'm so sorry you had the mishap, but your final product is wonderful. It is always a pleasure to see your wonderful work. Happy Halloween to you.

Pam said...

Darling card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hi Laura, what a cute image and a lovely card. Your colouring is perfect and the little apples are so cute!

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Sweet Stampin.

Sarah

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Laura. I love the image and your colouring is fabulous. The papers and details are beautiful.
Thank you for taking part in the Sketch n Stash Challenge
Sue

Gerda said...

What a fabulous card!! Love the super cute image!!Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

xxxtglxxx said...

Great fun card Laura! :) Such a fun image.

Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

StampArt Design by Kathryne said...

Love your card Laura. The recipe on it is brilliant! Your colours are fabulous! The paper is awesome! Hope you get to your recipe book one day. It's sounds delightful. Thanks for using Autumn Friends. xx Kathy

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

Awesome coloring. Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays. Good luck and hope to see you again next week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...