Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Halloween Pumpkins

Happy Tuesday Everyone!  I hope you had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start.  My hubby and I took a long weekend and went to Albuquerque, NM for the hot-air balloon festival.  It was fantastic!  Hence why this post is a few hours late.

Here I have for you, my DT card for the GGSC (Going Grey w/Scrap Creations) blog.  This week's theme is PUMPKINS and with the fall season under way and Halloween getting so close, we had better get ourselves in gear.  So head on over there and get inspired by my oh-so-fabulous teamies and their awesome creations.

Here is the card I created using an image by Milk Coffee called Lisbeth Halloween.  She is a digital image that I won, along with two others, on the Card Crafter's Circle challenge blog.  Milk Coffee also has a challenge blog that I will enter this card into.
My background papers are from Bearly Mine and believe it or not, were freebies.  Donna has a couple of wonderful sites where she has give-aways and free papers to scoop up on, as well as her gorgeous paper sets for purchase.  She too has a challenge blog that my card will be entered into this week.  Oh, and I can't forget the layout.  It is done up via Cordine's sketch from the Sketchy Challenges.

I'm still working on taking better photos.  I have taken so many of this card that I ran my camera out of batteries.  I tried all different times of the day, indoors, outdoors, flash, no flash...  I don't know what to try next except to do some research on the Internet.  I'm thinking the colors I used to color my image may be a contributor to why Lisbeth is a bit blurry, but I can tell you that the actual image is not that bright.  Maybe a white background would work better?

Thank you so much for your visit!  If you're curious, more of what I used to make this card is at the bottom of the post.  Have a wonderful day and even better tomorrows!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges I would like to enter:

Bearly Mine (Pearls & Swirls)
Charisma Cardz (Badda Bing!)
Crafting For All Seasons (Costumes/Dress-Up)
Hooked On Craft (Halloween)
Loves Rubber Stamps (Bling Baby - Yeah!)
Milk Coffee (Welcome Fall)
Simon Says Stamp (Glimmer & Shine)
The Sketchy Challenges (Cordine's Sketch)
Totally Gorjuss (Anything Goes)

Recipe:

Image: Milk Coffee (Lisbeth Halloween)
Inks: Copic Markers (Hair: C1, C3, C5, C7, C9 - Skin: E000, E00, E21, R20 - Dress: V01, V12, V15, V17 - Pumpkins: YR000, YR04, YR07, YR09, YR65 - Stem: G21, G24, G28 - Glow: YG00), Ranger Distress Inks (Black Soot), ColorBox (Popcorn)
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics
Patterned Paper: Barely Mine Designs
Dies: Sizzix (Flower & Vines #2, Cobweb), QuicKutz (Bats, Spider, Ghost)
Punches: Martha Stewart (Double Edge Spiderweb)
Misc: Recollections (Pearls), Michaels (Purple Flowers, Black Glitter)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How fabulous Laura what a super card and I love how you have coloured her hair is so real !!
Thank you for joining us at The Crafting for all Seasons Challenge this time and good luck Hugs Elaine

Vee said...

Fabulous Halloween card,I love the design and all the bling. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Lisa Carroll said...

This is just fabulous! So many fun colors, layers, and textures. :) Thanks for playing along in our 'Glimmer & Sparkle' challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

it's super hard to get blingy photos that are good!!! Let me know if you find a way :)
Thanks for joining us at Charisma!!!

Jan Hennings said...

This is absolutely gorgeous and LOVE the colors!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh this is so super cute! Love the great colors and design. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

JAE613 said...

I love the colors and different textures! the embellishments are amazing and compliment the image perfectly. This is definitely getting me in the mood for Halloween :-)

Laura Love said...

What an awesome card! I love all the sparkly webs and all of the details you have added! Super cute! Thank you so much for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps!

Cards By MI said...

Absolutly fabby! A smashing card and great use of Donna's papers. Wonderful! Thanks for playing with us over at BMC this week.
Love n hugs
MArie

Unknown said...

Hi Laura,
Fab colouring and what an awesome Halloween card. Love the black glittery details. Thanks for playing with the Sketchy Girls!

Hugz,
Sandy

Laney said...

Fabulous card Laura great image and lovely to see you using Donna's Papers!!Thanks for joining us at BMC
hugs
laney

cathylynn said...

Holy Cow I almost missed this post. What a fantastic card! Fantastic colors and details.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...