Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A Pair of Anniversaries

I've made two anniversary cards for two very special couples this month; my in-laws, Bill and Jean's 72nd and my dear friends, Arthur and Donna's 40th.

I'm very much out of practice making cards, much less coming up with ideas for them and so I decided to case a card made by someone who's beautiful creations speak to my imagination like no other's.  I'm using what I have on hand though, so really, the only thing that's similar is the flower arrangement.

Firstly, I cut turquoise cardstock using the PTI Border Bling: Blooming Hearts large die, used my corner rounder and then sponged a light layer of Picket Fence Distress Ink right at the cut design.

Next, I cut a small panel of white cardstock to fit within the dotted design of the diecut.  I then stenciled vertical stripes using Salty Ocean Distress Ink and PTI's Watercolor Plaid stencils.  The sentiment is an old, wooden Hampton Art stamp.

The florals were made by cutting watercolor paper with PTI's Into The Blooms: Dahlia, Birthday Bouquet and Sizzix: Branch w/Leaves, sponged with Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, Twisted Citron, Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks.  All were spattered with water and Vintage Photo DI.

Lastly, I mounted my card front to a 4.25 x 5.50 inch card base, added a button and bow using PTI's Festive Birds dies and then some yellow sequins for a bit of bling.

1 comment:

Tsars said...

Keep up the great work, I enjoyed your post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...