Pages

Friday, September 3, 2021

Winter Fox Canning Jar Snow Globe

 Hello There My Crafty Friends!  Happy Friday and Welcome to my little corner of the crafting world!

Tomorrow the hubster leaves for his annual finishing trip.  What's a girl to do for an entire week all by herself?  Absolutely anything and nothing she feels like doing.  I'm starting out by stopping by my favorite country goodies store, The Rustic Hutch.  They're having a sale and I'll be going there directly after dropping the guys at the airport.  :D  I also plan to work on cards.  I'm late in starting my Christmas cards this year, so it's time to get a move-on.

For today's project, I knew I was going to create a snow globe and for some reason just felt it had to be a jar design.  Must be that country/farmhouse style, I love so much, just coming out of me.  For that, I turned to my Cricut.  I used the negative cut for the jar itself and the positive cut for the lid.  I used my scoring board for the lines in the lid and an embossing folder for the wood grain around the jar cut.

The sweet fox, trees and words are a set from Papertrey Ink called Winter Fox and the snowflake is Snowfall Style 1 dies, also by Papertrey Ink.  The swirly background is a very pretty die by Ellen Hutson called Twirling Flurries.

Don't know if you noticed in the first picture, that my jar panel is down and to the right side of the card base.  This caused me a lot of stress because, even though I like how it looked, it wasn't centered.  I spent way too much time obsessing over this but decided it's about time I step out of a few of my comfort zones.

Here you can see some of my snowy, glittery shaker bits.  I used 5 different sparkly things; little clay snowflakes, fine white glitter, shaved ice, clear sequins and glass glitter.

What do you think?  Please let me know in the comments section and, while you're there, any photography tips you'd be willing to give are greatly appreciated.  Especially when it comes to brightening up my photos.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you have a great weekend.

Laura

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.  Please click the links.

Papertrey Ink: Fab Friday, Snow Globe
Double D: Anything With A Tail
Happy Little Stampers: Watercolor AG







9 comments:

Diane said...

Awesome fox and card design!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

Darlene said...

WOW this is just awesome! I love how your fox image just jumps off the page with your coloring! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Anything with a Tail’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Anke said...

WOW this is so beautiful, Laura.

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

I love this card so much! What a perfect blend of color and technique!

Tiny Paper Blossom said...

Photography tips: These photos look great. Advice I'd give anyone is to use natural light, preferably diffused. If you don't have that, then some "daylight" bulbs at 5000K or 5500K, preferably 100W or so, again diffused with something white and translucent. I like to edit in Pixlr Editor. It's online and totally free. Your colors look fantastic!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a heartwarming, tremendously sweet winter themed card.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Birgit said...

Such a clever idea for making a snow globe card! That fox is adorable. Thanks for linking up to the Double D Challenge. Best of luck to you!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Such a stunning card! I love the beautiful colouring and the layers! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Watercolour Challenge:)

Swapna B Patil said...

Such a beautiful scene you created..
Thank you for joining us at HLS water colour challenge
DT Swapna

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...