Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Thinking Of You Bouquet

 Happy Wednesday and, while we're at it, Happy September 1st. my Crafty Friends!  Welcome to my little corner of the crafting world.

Remember in my last post how I said I love this time of year?  Well, I do but the reality is setting in and things are already getting hectic.  I've started making some of my holiday gifts, creating a new crochet pattern for the sweetest candy cane pillows, stitching glass beads on felt pine trees which will be car air fresheners/scented ornaments, I have yet to decide on a design for my Christmas cards and I have less than three months to get it all done.  Yes, I celebrate Thanksmas.  My family converges on my home from various states as far away as Pennsylvania.  This way, there is no argument or tug of war with the in-law families about who's going to which house on Christmas.  Thanksmas is mine.

So with all of that going on, I still have to do the normal day to day stuff; clean the house, make dinner, do dishes, laundry and make cards for all of the rest of the celebrations of life.  You know how it is.

For this card I couldn't wait to try out some of my new goodies from the Papertrey Ink sale.  I finally got the Birthday Bouquet set that I've had my eye on FOREVER along with the Skinny Diagonal Frames which I have impressed into the panel.

I first inked up the flowers with Distress Inks using the color scheme from the MFT color challenge.  After much hemming and hawing, I decided to make the leaves and stems grey and I actually love this look.  I'm so traditional, it's tragic so I'm really glad I jumped out of my comfort zone for a change.

I then die cut everything with the coordinating dies and then distress spattered with white and black acrylics.  On the impressed panel, I used the three dot stamp from PTI's Winter Fox collection to surround the bouquet.


After adhering everything else down, I stamped the sentiment and then die cut it with the MFT Stitched Sentiment Banner Die and then finished it all off by adding Star Dust Stickles.

What do you think?  Please let me know in the comments section, and while you're there, let me know if you've started getting ready for the holiday season yet.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  I hope you have the best day!

Laura

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.  Please click on the links.

Papertrey Ink: The Great Cover-Up - Impress A Die Into The Background

My Favorite Things: Color Challenge

Funkie Junkie: Distressing

Simon Says Stamp Monday: Glimmer and Sparkle

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Your card is beautiful, it was an incredible sale :)

Susanbcards said...

Really beautiful!

Laura Gilhuly said...

Very pretty card! Thank you for joining us at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a peaceful, immensely pretty design. The inclusion of grey here works superbly.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...