Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

Thoughts Of You

Hello My Creative Friends!
I hope what they say is true, that absence makes the heart grow fonder.  I cannot believe this many months have gone by since my last post.  Not that I haven't been making cards, I just haven't posted them.  Sure, I take photos of them most of the time, but taking the time to post them has been beyond my scope for a while.  While editing these photos and just logging into this website, I have felt like a duck out of water.

I hope all of you are good and that you have all gotten through this past year without issue.  My job at UPS pretty much pounded me into the dirt.  We thought that with the lifting of restrictions and everyone able to go back out into the world and shop in physical stores like they did before, we would slow down and go back to normal.  Well, that hasn't happened yet.  Maybe this is the new normal.  I know I'm not out there like I used to be...

So without further ado, I have my latest make that I would like to share.

I have fallen in love with layered stamps and stencils with coordinating dies, especially since it seems I have more and more cards that I need to make.

The majority of my supplies are by Papertrey Ink.  They have this gorgeous collection of bird stamps and dies that are irresistible.  This sweet little one is Feathered Friends Mini 8 which I've paired it up with some of the Effortless Beauties florals.  I stamped the sentiment from the same set onto a Shape Shifters Oval 1.  The teacup is a Merry Mug die that I dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.

That really awesome background paper is from Nitwit Designs from their Harmony collection.  Everything is inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks and Oxides and  I'll put a more detailed list of those below.

Thank You so much for stopping by and taking a look.  Your comments are always very much appreciated.  Have a most wonderful day and a fantastic weekend!

Laura


Distress Inks and Oxides - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Shabby Shutters, Mowed Lawn, Rustic Wilderness, Dried Marigold, Mustard Seed, Fossilized Amber, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Aged Mahogany, Antique Linen, Frayed Burlap, Hickory Smoke


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges.  Please click on the links.

Papertrey Ink: What Do I Do With This



2 comments:

Julie said...

Laura, this is absolutely gorgeous!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a serene, immensely lovely card.

We don't have many bluebirds here in our corner of Canada, but do spot blue jays from time to time. I'd love to visit a spot where bluebirds themselves were common, as that's not something I've experienced before.

Until then, happily, we can always whip up a flock of our own with wonderful paper crafting versions like this cutie pie.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...