Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

H.B. Butterflies

Good Friday Morning Everyone!

I hope you've had a wonderful week and that those of you who have been snowed on again, are snug and warm.

Today is the 1st of the month and that means the Magnolia Mania Challenge Blog is kicking off another new challenge.  Our theme for the next 14 days is BUTTERFLIES, and who doesn't think of warmer weather, flowers, green grass and sunshine when thinking of butterflies?
I made this card with my sissy, Kelly, in mind.  It's her birthday this month, just a few days before spring.  (Hopefully she won't see this before she gets it).  I thought I would play around with an idea of keeping everything in shades of brown except the butterflies so that they would stand out.

The gorgeous Magnolia stamp is called Tilda with Hawaii Flower, I just love her...  I'm struggling with the pleats and folds of their darling little dresses so any hints or suggestions on coloring them would be greatly appreciated.  For the background, I used five different stamps and brown ink on kraft cardstock.  My Cricut and MS punches were used for the butterflies.  I know it's hard to see in these pictures but I have made a silver butterfly charm, that is tied onto the tag, using a punch, silver embossing powder and a jump ring.


CANDY SNEAK PEEK!!!!!
 
As I've mentioned in previous posts, March is my birthday and blog anniversary month.  On the 29th, I will have been blogging for an entire year already and will be turning forty....something, on the very same day.  I have been gathering up goodies to give away and tomorrow I will be going to the stamping convention where I will be keeping a sharp eye out for more goodies to add.  Here is just a little taste (a small sampling really) of what I'll be giving away.
Yeah, it's gonna be AWESOME!
 
Thank You so very much for stopping by today.  I can't tell you what it means to me that you've taken the time to visit and comment.  Have a great day, and better tomorrows!
 
♥ Laura C.
 
Challenges:
 
7 Kids Anything Goes
Marvelous Magnolia Punch A Bunch
Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes
Simply Magnolia Anything Goes
Stamp and Create Spring Is Coming
Tilda's Town Fussy & Fancy or Understated & Elegant
You, Me and Magnolia Anything Goes
 
Supplies:
 
Stamps: Magnolia (Tilda with Hawaii Flower), Stampendous (Carte Postale), Hero Arts (Birthday Definition), Inkadinkado (Butterfly Swirl), D.O.T.S. (Daisy Sprinkle), Studio G (Flower Swirl), Annette Watkins (Happy Birthday)
Inks: Copic (Hair, Dress, Shoes, Socks: E21, E23, E25, E29 - Skin: E00, E02, E11, R20 - Flower: Y11, Y15, Y21, Y26, Y28  - Leaves G21, G24, G28- Butterflies: V12, V15, V17, R29, YR00, YR02, Y11, Y15, G24, BG10, BG15, BG49), Distress Inks (Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Evergreen Bough, Wild Honey), Memento (Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa)
Patterned Paper: Recollections
Cardstock: Bazzill, Recollections
Dies: Spellbinders (Floral Ovals), Cricut (Elegant Edges), Sizzix (Mini Scallop Envelope)
Punches: Martha Stewart (Butterfly Trio)
Misc: Recollections (Flowers, Half Pearls, Silver Embossing Powder, Jump Ring)

20 comments:

Anne-Marie said...

Hi,Laura! Gorgeous little Tilda card, hun....I really love all those muted browns and the sweet pocket. I don't see anything wrong with the way you coloured up her little dress....it looks lovely! Have a great weekend. :)

Athina said...

SO pretty - your coloring is awesome! I love how you did the background. Thanks for playing with us at Loves Rubberstamps!

Ribbon Girl said...

Your card is really lovely – your sissy will love it! and thank you so much for joining in with the February Ribbon Girl Magnolia Only Challenge, Mary x

Unknown said...

Great card! We'd love for you to try out at our new design team: Sister Act Card Challenge

Tanjas-Kreativstueble said...

wow, a wonderful card!

hugs
Tanja

Maris said...

love your creation, thanks for joining in at YMAM

Laura Love said...

This is gorgeous! I love the way you did your tag with the little envelope! Your coloring is so pretty and I love the colors that you chose! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Louise said...

Very pretty card, thanks for joining us at Tilda's Town for our challenge
Louise

Helen Dooley said...

Totally cute card! love it. Hugs~

Sol said...

This is the sweetest.. Butterflies coming out of the envelope.. Love the colors.. stamping and Details..
Beautiful put together. :o)

Jennifer said...

This is so very adorably sweet! Your stamping and colouring is exquisite and I just love your little envelope and tag!

Unknown said...

Your card is gorgeous Laura!! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog and the cartridge I used for that shaped card is Lacy Labels. It is one of those that WalMart carried a couple of years back. Check on cricut.com or ebay maybe? I love that cartridge and use it alot....many awesome shapes and mattings on it.

Jenny said...

Awww this is so pretty! Love the colours and your little envelope - Lush Jen xx

Tracy said...

I really love to use kraft on my projects so I really like your card. The little envelope pocket is sweet and fun. Lovely card. :-) Hugs!

Mandy said...

Laura your card is absolutely gorgeous, so very pretty, I love the stamps you've used in the background and you've coloured sweet Tilda beautifully.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Anonymous said...

Cute card love the Kraft too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, love the pleats on her dress
Hugs Julie P

Rosie said...

Beautiful card!! Happy 1 year blog anniversary and happy birthday!! Thank you so much for entering the www.7kidscollegefund.com Challenge! The Design Team appreciates the time you invested in your project and for joining our challenge. Hugs, Rosie

ellyscard creatief said...

I like the colors, Beautiful card.
Gr Elly

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

This is just stunning. I love the colors you chose for Tilda:)
Tabitha's Designs
Great price digi paper:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...