Pages

Friday, June 8, 2012

Happy Father's Day

Hello my friends!  Welcome to my blog!  I am so happy that you've stopped by!

I am in the midst of getting ready to head to Alaska tomorrow, but wanted to get this post up to display the Father's Day card I put together yesterday.  Masculine card designs are somewhat difficult to put together, I think, because there are only so many golfing and fishing card ideas that don't seem redundant.  Also, the challenge for me this time was coming up with one card design for three men, my dad, my father-in-law and my husband.  I prefer to make a unique card for each, but I'm pressed for time and will not be taking any of my craft supplies on my trip.  :(    I'm feeling anxiety about that already...  LOL!


I found this Route 66 digital set, quite by happy accident, at D.A.I.S.I.E. Company, www.daisiecompany.com, and it's by artist Gina Jane .   I don't know what my problem has been all this time, but I haven't done much with digital designs.  Oh Wa Ta Goo Siam! (okay, say it fast now).  The downloadable designer paper designs out there are phenomenal, not to mention, plentiful!  No need to take up precious space in my craft room with paper that I might or might not use.  Anyway, I stitched white lines on black ribbon to try to replicate a road.  (It looks like that road line painter had some cocktails on his lunch hour).  Then I tried to make the bottle cap die cut look more authentic by embossing it.  Hmmm...  I think the jury is out on that one yet.

Oops!  Here I am jabbering on when I have laundry to do, bags to pack and a whole list of to-do's to do.  I hope you have a great week!  I'll catch you on the flip side of it.

Thank You SO MUCH for visiting!  Have a great day and an even better tomorrow!

♥ Laura C.

I have entered into the following challenge:
Craft Your Passion

Stuff Used:

Inks: Distress
Cardstock: Bazzill
DP: Route 66 by Gina Jane
Dies: QuicKutz (bottle cap), Spellbinders (star)
Misc: Ribbon and Crochet Thread

9 comments:

Rene said...

Laura I love it! I think it's fab!
Rene :D

Gina K said...

I have a really difficult time with masculine cards, too. I think you did a great job!

cathylynn said...

Goodness this is totally awesome!! You have done a fabulous job! Have a safe vacation!!!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

cabio's craft corner said...

Cool and delightful Father's Day card :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Michelle said...

Your card is great.
Thank you for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
LG Michelle

Karen said...

You did an awesome job! Guy cards are the hardest. Enjoy your time in Alaska.

Karen

febe said...

Handsome vintage card! :)

australian gifts for overseas

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

So totally cute. Great card. Route 66 how lucky your found one.
Blessings Doreen

Unknown said...

Wow what a gorgeous Father's Day card!!!! Love the design!!!! You did an awesome job on this card!!!!! Fabulous work!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...