Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day Card

Hello Friends!  I'm so glad you could stop by today and check out my latest creations.  I made this card for my mom for Mother's Day.  I would have posted it sooner but I was afraid mom might visit the blog and see it before she got it.

Unfortunately, my photos don't do the colors justice.  My "photo booth" was thrown out by my dh and so I have to make do until I can make another one.

This little sweetheart is a Magnolia stamp called Tilda With Flowers in Her Hair.  She is supposed to have eggs in her lap but I masked those and added the flowers.  My Magnolia stamp collection is very small but I love them and if I don't have what I need I try to alter things just enough to fit the occasion. For the flowers, I used a little stamp by D.O.T.S. (can't even remember what that stands for) that I've had for years.  I stamped three clusters together to fill her lap.

I made the flowers by die cutting them from white cardstock with the Sizzix Bigz die called Tattered Florals by Tim Holtz.  I've been using that die a LOT lately.  I embossed them with small dots and swirls and then inked them with Distress Inks, also by Tim Holtz.

This is the negative from the trellis frame that I used on the front of the card.  BTW, that trellis came from the Cricut cartridge called Ornamental Iron 2.  I've had it for a while but this was the first time I've used it.  I had forgotten how much cool stuff this cartridge could do.

Thank You so much for stopping by!  More of what I used to make this card is listed below.  Please leave a comment by clicking on the comments link below.  I would love to hear from you.  Don't forget to scroll down a bit to check out my Cupcake Gift Card Holder tutorial.  Have a great day and an even better tomorrow!

♥  Laura C.

Challenges I have entered this card in:

Magnolia Stamp Lovers (flowers)
7 Kids Challenge Blog (the color purple)
Craft Your Passion Challenges (shades of green and purple)

Products I used for this project:

stamps: Tilda with flowers in her hair by Magnolia, Tiny flower cluster by D.O.T.S., Mother's Day sentiment by Inkadinkado
inks: Memento, Copic and Distress Inks
paper: Bazzil Basics and Anna Griffin
dies: Sizzix (flowers and large leaves) Cricut (frame)
punch: (small leaves) I believe it might be a McGill

19 comments:

Karen said...

Very pretty! : )

Frances said...

Wonderful creation, love the color combination and those gorgeous flowers.Thanks for your visit to my blog and your lovely comments. Glad to see you participating on the 7 kids Challenge blog. Good Luck! hugs, Frances.

Peggie said...

Cute card. Love the ladybug in the flowers.

RenateKreativ said...

Very pretty. I love your flowers and frame.
Hugs Renate

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Laura!
your Tilda looks so sweet with those flowers on her lap. Such a good idea when you haven't got many maggie stamps. you did a fabulous job. I love the frame and the flowers you made are lovely.
hugs Maz

Myrna said...

Love your trellis frame! Love how you put flowers in her apron! Beautiful coloring.

Elle said...

What a beautiful card! I love how the flower embellishments mimick the flowers in the design. Very pretty.

Doreen Horats, Clayton said...

Your card is fabulous, your Mother will love it.
Super card.
Blessings, Doreen

Shelley said...

Stunning! Love your border and your colouring is beautiful. hugs Shelley

cathylynn said...

WOW this is so beautiful! I love how you framed Tilda and your coloring is fantastic! Great flowers too!
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

cathylynn said...

You should have a place where we can become a follower of yours. I would of emailed you but I also can't find your address. You do great work!
Hugs, Cthy-Lynn

Laura said...

Cathy-Lynn

I got the Followers Gadget installed. Thank you again for your interest!

♥ Laura C.

BTW, comments go straight to my email.

Karen said...

What a beautiful card! I love your flowers...So beautiful.

Karen

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card. Lovely the design and pretty Tilda :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Helen said...

What a great idea to substitute the eggs for flowers. I love this. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion this week.

Helen (GDT) xx

Cathy Lee said...

So sweet, Laura. Nice masking of the eggs. That's what's special about Manolias; you can change them to fit just about any situation. Lovely card...
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Chris said...

Your card is lovely, Laura! I love what you did with Tilda's new lap contents! You're a clever girl! I love the background and the color choices. I hope your mom loved it as much as we did!

XO,
Chris Christensen

Chris said...

Oh, I forgot - D.O.T.S. stands for Dozens of Terrific Stamps. :o)

Anonymous said...

just gorgeous, I love your flowers and beautifully coloured Tilda, very pretty
Hugs Julie P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...