Pages

Friday, February 7, 2014

True Love Valentine

Good Afternoon My Dear Friends!  How are you on this lovely Friday?  I really hope everything is good on your end.
 
PHEW!  After weeks of working on my daughter's wedding invitations, they have finally been posted and I can breathe a sigh of relief for the moment.  I swear, there is some sort of DNA within me that compels me to take on monumental tasks like this because I always do and then I end up shedding tears of frustration along the way.  Every year after I've made all of my Christmas cards, I tell my husband to not let me do it again...and every year I make them.  I can't help myself!  So while making the invitations, as a bit of "therapy", I would take little breaks and work on something of my own and so I made this Valentine.



This is Tilda With Dot Bow, floating on a cloud and daydreaming about her wonderful husband who has been her rock and her best friend for 24 years.
 


I've colored her up with my Copics and pretty much everything has been inked at the edges with Distress Inks.  
I made the little sign holder with pins and pearls from my bucket o' jewelry findings.  I just brought that bucket in from the garage the other day and forgot how much stuff I accumulated when I taught jewelry classes at the craft store.  So much of it has never been opened.  I'm thinking that I might have a blog candy soon and give some of it to someone who could make use of it, as I rarely wear jewelry myself.  What do you think?
 
Anyway, the detailed list of what I used on my card is at the bottom of this post.  Thank you so much for visiting!  Your comments are always welcome and appreciated.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

♥ Laura C.

Challenges:

7 Kids College Fund Anything Goes/Valentine
Bunny Zoe's Crafts Stitching
Crafting For All Seasons Romance
Flourishes Red & Love
Jellypark Friends Lots Of Love
Loves Rubber Stamps Anything goes
Papertake Weekly Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Have A Heart
Stamp and Create Love Is In The Air
Stempeleinmaleins Sketch w/optional Love
The Ribbon Girl Hearts
Lovely Haenglar & Sweet Magnolia Pearls & Lace
Magnolia Down Under Facebook Valentines
Magnolia-licious & Wee Stamps Anything Goes
Magnolia Mania Hearts
Marvelous Magnolia Seeing Red
Stamp and Create with Magnolia Add Some Red
Time For A Magnolia Challenge Be My Valentine
Totally Tilda Pink & Red
 
Supplies:

Images: Magnolia (Tilda With Dot Bow, Flower Cloud), Hero Arts (Old Script), The Paper Studio (Everyday Expressions, Studio G (February 14 Postage)
Inks: Copic Markers, Distress Inks, Memento
Papers: MMI (hearts), Recollections (Kraft), Bazzill (cardstock) Georgia Pacific (white)
Dies & Punches: Spellbinders (Rose Creations, Labels Eighteen), Sizzix (Bird Branch, Branch w/Leaves), QuicKutz (Heart Doily), Family Treasures (tiny oval)
Misc: Embossing powders, half pearls, lace, deep red twine, wooden "Love", Stickles, Copic Opaque White

33 comments:

Susie Sugar said...

Oh wow this is totally beautiful so many gorgeous details that love
Thanks for playing our challenge at Totally Tilda
Higs Susie Sugar x

ScrappyAndrea said...

Beautiful! Love all the flowers!
Thanks for Playing with us at Magnolia Mania!
Hugs Andrea

Marina said...

Your card is utterly beautiful! I love all details but especially the roses.
Thanks for joining our hearts challenge at Magnolia Mania.

Hugs,
Marina

Heather said...

A beautiful card Laura, such gorgeous embellishments for the adorable Tilda!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Karen said...

Laura, this is all things beautiful! :o) The sweet image is so gorgeously colored and I adore every aspect of your Valentine design. The roses are spectacular.. the most beautifully crafted die-cut roses I've seen. Stunning elements sprinkled throughout this work of art. Thank you for sharing with us at 7 Kids College Fund!
Hugs and blessings,
Karen

Michele Cunningham said...

I love your card especially the little sign holder. What a great Idea to use the pearls on it. So glad you could join us at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Céline said...

so pretty card, love the big roses!
thanks for playing with us at stamp and create with magnolia
hugs
céline

Elaine said...

Totally gorgeous card Laura.

A very sweet Tilda and beautifully coloured.
I adore all your pretty little embellies!

Thank you for joining us at Totally Tilda challenge.

Big hugs
Elaine xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for playing with us at Stamp & Create with Magnolia this week

Janiel/ janny said...

Adorable card..
hgs, Janiel

Barb Hardeman said...

What a gorgeous card! Your embellies are delightful and beautifully placed on the card. Pretty coloring skills too!
Hugs, Barb

Karen said...

So very very beautiful!!!

Karen said...

So very very beautiful!!!

Cathy Lee said...

WOW, gorgeous card, Laura. Love the beautiful big roses with this sweet Tilda.
Hugz,
Cath

Cathy Lee said...

WOW, gorgeous card, Laura. Love the beautiful big roses with this sweet Tilda.
Hugz,
Cath

NPurdum56 said...

How pretty! Beautiful flowers! Tilda is a cutie! Nancee :)

Kelly said...

This is a very stunning card! Your coloring and overall design is so beautiful! I love it.
Hugs Kelly

cathylynn said...

Totally gorgeous! Beautiful coloring and details. Great Valentine's Card.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Dr Sonia S V said...

The flowers look so stunning with the white edge and such perfect coloring of Tilda..a wow wow wow card!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Dr Sonia S V said...

The flowers look so stunning with the white edge and such perfect coloring of Tilda..a wow wow wow card!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia

inkydoodlecrafts said...

Super card, beautiful floral embellishments and cute Tilda image.Thank you for sharing it with us over at Jellypark Friends. Mel :o)

Karen said...

Gorgeous card! The flowers are stunning. Nicely done.

Karen

EnblogSail said...

This is juz sooo gorgeous!!!
Caryl

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! The flowers are stunning and your Tilda is coloured beautifully, very sweet card
Hugs Julie P

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Wow, so gorgeous, I really love your coloring on the image and those flowers are stunning! Thanks so much for playing at Jellypark Friends this time:)

Neline said...

what a beautiful card! thanks for joining us at TFMC.
Good luck,
Neline

Unknown said...

Stunning and lovely card, the wood embellishment is fantastic.
Francy

Stempelhexe said...

Gorgeous card...love all your details! Thank you so much for joining us at LHoSM this week.

Hugs
Ulla

Teresa said...

Oh this is beautiful, thank you for joining us at LHOSM with your gorgeous creation.
hugs Teresa

flossbite said...

Stunning! Really, really gorgeous!
Thanks for playing along at Crafting for all Seasons.
Hugs
Fiona xx

Linda Levoir said...

Such a beautiful card. Thanks for joining our Seeing Red challenge at Marvelous Magnolia :) xx

Clarissa Schupp said...

This is so sweet, with so many beautiful details. Thank you for using our Sketch and good luck.
xoxo Clarissa

Jenny Alia said...

Beautiful! Love the details and the tips of that red rose are just perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...