Pages

Friday, May 12, 2017

For My Mom

Good Morning Crafty Friends and Happy Friday!

Today I am showing you the card I made for my mom for Mother's day.

Each year, for the past several, I've made my mom a card with a gardening theme.  Of course, I wouldn't want to break tradition and that being said I have once again used my beloved Magnolia stamps and dies.  This little sweetie is Tilda Working In The Garden from the 2016 Sea Side collection.  I've colored her with Copic Markers and Distress Inks.

Most of the dies I've used are Magnolia DooHickeys.  For the background I have used Recipe Card.  The branches with little leaves are from the Sakura Lanterns set and the larger leaves are Rose Leaves.  Around the edge of the kraft I used the lace die from the DooHickey Club vol. 9 collection.

The beautiful bright flowers are Recollections.  I have spattered the whole card with Gesso.

Here you can see better, the lace I made with the DooHickey lace die and crinoline fabric.

For the inside of the card I used a sentiment and a heart die from Magnolia #3 Vintage Box.

Copic Markers - Face: E000, E00, E04, E11, E21, R20  Hair: E25, E30, E31, E33, E79  Shirt & Apron: YG03, YG11, YG25, YG67, G24, G28, G29  Gloves & Kerchief: RV10, R83, R85, R89  Boots: Y17, YR14, YR24, YT27, YR31
Distress Inks: Peeled Paint, Vintage Photo

Thank you so much for stopping by today.  Some of the supplies used and not mentioned above are listed at the bottom of this post.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day!

♥ Laura C.

I would like to enter my card in the following challenges, please click the links below:


All About Magnolia  All About Mother's Day
Magnolia Forever  Flowers
Midweek Magnolias:  Anything Goes With A Magnolia Image

Supplies:  Magnolia stamps Sparkle Hearts, Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies, Sizzx circle dies, Frantage, white hemp twine, misc. stamps from my stash, QuicKutz alphabet dies.

4 comments:

sue w. said...

Hi Laura, this is gorgeous. Love the details and colouring. Bet your mum was thrilled with this beautiful card
Hugs Sue W.

Darlene said...

Beautiful coloring and design! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

Kirsty said...

Hi she is beautiful and adore the flowers a card she will treasure thank you for joining us in The Midweek Magnolias Challenge :)

DeeDee said...

A wonderful creation from you!
Thank you very much for participating in our All About Magnolia Challenge. I wish you good luck with the drawing of the winner. And I am very happy when you join our next challenge.

Wish you a great day!

♥ XoXo Diana ♥
www.deedees-cardart.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...