Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

For My Princess

My niece Kendall turns 4 on the 31st and she is all about the Disney movie, Frozen.  On her last visit, she constantly sang one of the songs that Elsa sings, while twirling and dancing from one end of the house to the other.  (Hello Kitty has been put on hold for now).  She will be in town for her birthday and we will have all of the trimmings on her special day, including cupcakes made with blue frosting and edible glitter.  I could not give her a card that did not coincide with the whole theme and so I came up with this.
As much as I really, really wanted to make her a card with my beloved Magnolia stamps, I just could not find a Tilda amongst my collection that would pass for Elsa.  Though I did use the Jingle Jangle Snowflake from the Christmas Story collection.  :D

The image I used is a coloring page that I found by searching "Frozen Coloring Pages" on Google.  I printed it in a light gray tone so I wouldn't have harsh black lines, and then colored with Copic markers.  I did the background using a technique that Zoe of Make It Crafty had published in an issue of Magnolia Ink magazine, which hid the snowflakes that were on the image.

I used three different embossing powders (listed below) and Star Dust Stickles for lots of sparkle.  I didn't make my own flowers this time but colored white roses with B0000 and embossed them with two different powders.  There is a snowflake charm tied on with the white ribbon that you can barely see it in the first picture.
I used these Copic Colors:  Skin - R000, E000, RV21, RV19, V01  Eyes - BG13  Brows - E74  Hair - E50, E51, E70  Dress - BG10, BG13, BG49  Cape - B0000, B000, B00  Background - B00, B02, B04, B06
"Yes, you are the fairest of them all". - Isn't that just too sweet?

I'm so glad you stopped by and I do hope to see you again soon.  Please leave a comment and let me know what you think.  Have a great day and better tomorrows!

♥ Laura C.


Challenges:

Bearly Mine Designs  Flowers
Bunny Zoe's Flowers & Charms
Crafty Catz Weekly Embossing
Cutie Pie  Embossing
Papertake Weekly Sketchy Free For All (I used sketch #90, flipped upside down)
Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday Monochrome
Totally Gorjuss Buttons and/or Bows


Supplies Used:
Images: Elsa (coloring page, see link above), Jingle Jangle Snowflake (Magnolia)
Inks: Copic Markers, Distress Ink (Faded Jeans), VersaMark
Font: Life Savers (Happy Birthday using ink combo R144, G74, B123)
Papers: Cardstock (Bazzill), Snowflakes (Francis Meyer), Blue Brush Strokes (Recollections)
Dies & Punches: Snow Flurries (Tim Holtz/Sizzix), Frosty Border (Memory Box), Labels Twenty-Nine (Spellbinders), Branch and Arctic Snowflake (Martha Stewart)
Misc: Shabby Blue Frantage (Stampendous), Holographic Embossing Powder and Star Dust Stickles (Ranger) Snow Embossing Powder, Clear Gems and Flowers(Recollections), Snowflake Buttons (Joann's), Snowflake/Star Charm, Seam Binding Ribbon, Chipboard 4

8 comments:

Debbie said...

An Adorable card with super sparkle, perfect for our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin', Good Luck.
Debbiex

Lin said...

Beautifully done, Laura! She will be thrilled, and I'll bet this will be a keepsake for many years! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such an gorgeous card and beautifully coloured. Love it! Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine x

Lisa xx said...

thank you for sharing this gorgeous card with the cutie pies xx

carol said...

Gorgeous card and thanks for playing along with us this month at BEARLY-MINE x Carol

Anonymous said...

Great card and sooo sparkly too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Helen said...

Beautiful - such an elegant card.

Thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge.

Helen x

Sam K said...

Stunning card, your niece is sure to love it. I hope she has a fab birthday. Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday Challenges. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...