Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Heartfelt Christmas

Hello Sweet Friends!  I hope this post finds you all healthy and happy. 

I've been working on this card for almost two weeks.  Finding time to craft has been dodgy because of my hubby going back to his regular job for a little while, but he's put in his notice and will be working for our own shop as soon as they find his replacement.  THEN I will have more time for crafting and I'm very excited about that.  Anyway, here is my latest creation:
This is Joyful Tilda and she is serving up some love (and cookies) for her family and friends on Christmas Day.  I just love this stamp!
I don't make easel cards very often but I felt this one needed to be.  I also went with non-traditional colors and that is very difficult for me.  I am such a stickler for tradition in almost all things that stepping outside of my box causes me to panic a little bit.  Oh, and procrastinate.  :p
I found this beautiful sentiment stamp at my local craft store and knew it could be used for so many occasions...
Here is an extra little surprise, a peek-a-boo card.  It's like a little hidden treasure.
I think this will be a great way to give a gift card, because sometimes you just get a gift card in a boring old envelope and it isn't as much fun.  This will make it so much more special.
 
Thank You So Much for stopping by and taking a peek!  Comments are always welcome and appreciated.  The challenges I'm entering are listed below and my supply list is at the bottom of this post.  Have a wonderful day!
 
♥ Laura C.
 
 
Challenges:
 
Magnolia Mania  Pink & Brown
Marvelous Magnolia  Christmas
Simply Magnolia  Die Cuts and Punches
Tilda's Town  Christmas
Totally Tilda  Food, Glorious Food
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas  Three Main Colors  (Lt. Pink, Dk. Pink, Brown)
7 Kids College Fund  Anything Goes with Alcohol Markers
Jellypark Friends  The Sentiment Is The Key
Loves Rubber Stamps  Anything Goes
Marianne Design Divas  Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly  Anything Goes
 
Supplies:
 
Stamps/Images: Magnolia of Sweden (Joyful Tilda 2012), Paper Inspirations (North Pole Postage), Stampabilities (Felt With The Heart), Stampendous (Music Score)
Inks: Copic Markers, Distress Inks,
Designer Papers: Basic Grey (Eskimo Kisses)
Cardstock: Bazzill and Recollections
Die Cuts: Marianne Designs (Tree LRO!36), Spellbinders (Scalloped Circle, Rose Creations, Foliage) Sizzix (Tim Holtz - Bird Branch), Cricut (Elegant Edges)
Punches: Marvy (Circle)
Misc: Lace, Acitate, Black Embossing Powder


33 comments:

Nicolchen said...

Hi Laura...your X-Mas card is just gorgeous :0)))

Thanks for playing with us at Magnolia Mania ;0)

Hugs Nicole

Paula said...

Oh my goodness girl! This is fantastic!!! I love this Tilda too but especially love the detail on this card...incredible. Someone will definitely enjoy getting this card :)

Cathy Lee said...

Wowee, what a fabulous card, Laura. Just love the your Tilda and all the beautiful papers.
Hugz,
Cathy Lee

Ceal said...

Beautiful card from your coloring to all the details including the hidden treasure. A fabulous card indeed!
Thanks for playing along with our Anything Goes challenge at Loves Rubberstamps this week!

Karen said...

Such a beautiful card Laura! In answer to your question on my blog about Frantage, I sprinkle it on dry and heat it from underneath. Make sure your heat gun runs a bit and it hot before putting it under so it melts it fast without too much of it scattering. : )

Christina C. said...

Beautiful job.....superb coloring of Tilda! Lovely details, including the hidden treasure!

Hazel said...

Gorgeous card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 144 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

Candy said...

What a marvellous card Laura!!
Love all those pink flowers and how clever of you to put a little gift card on it.
Great paper and embellies :o)
Hugs, Candy

Karen said...

Beautiful card! Love all the roses.

Karen

NPurdum56 said...

So cute! Lovely design! :) Nancee

cabio's craft corner said...

Pretty and gorgeous easel card Laura. Love the pretty insert card and the tree die with musical note looks awesome :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Blankina said...

I totally love this card..the colours, the deatails..great to see it at MARIANNE DESIGN DIVA'S, goodluck!
Please come back soon,
HUgs Blankina
MDD DT

cathylynn said...

Your card is outstanding and beautiful. What a treat for the eyes. Love the style and colors.
Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

Joe Shien Shien said...

wow.. a very creative card..! Lovely coloring on Tilda & the background. Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town.
hugs, shien shien

Pysselfröken said...

Such a cute easel card! I wish I had that cute Tilda. Beautiful colouring by the way. Thanks for sharing your card at Tildas Town. Good luck!
Hugs Frida

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous easel card. Such a beautifully different Christmas card too. Thanks for sharing it with us in our Glorious Food challenge at Totally Tilda this time.
hugs
Dawn xx

Diana Crick said...

Wow this is gorjuss! Love the colors, fab coloring and the papers you used are so, so pretty.Excellent!
Diana
Magnolia-licious

Kelly said...

Very beautiful card. Love your design and those flowers are so pretty. Great papers and the trees are so cute. I love it!
Hugs Kelly

Cinzia C. said...

Gorgeous card Laura!!! :)
Love especially the cute Tilda and your colouring!

Thank you for joining us at Tilda's Town challenge this week

Hugs
Cinzia

Susie Sugar said...

Wow this is a beauty Laura ....
I love this Tilda and she looks amazing on your card
Thanks for cooking up a storm for our "Food Glorious Food" challenge @ Totally Tilda
Hugs Susie Sugar xx

Elaine said...

A gorgeous card Laura.
I LOVE this Tilda so much and yet still I haven't inked her up! I must try harder!
Love the colours and the fab embellies.

Thank you for joining us at Totally Tilda
Big hugs
Elaine xx

Brigitte said...

Awesome card!!! Love the music notes on the trees and the way you added a peek-a-boo card, very clever!!! Thanks for joining us this time at Totally Tilda and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Anonymous said...

A lovely stunning super fabulous creation!! :) :)
The trees make me smile ~~ I love the music notes on them... and your other details ~~ well they are ALL LOVELY!! :) :)

Thank you for joining us @ Loves Rubberstamps this week for Anything Goes!! :) :)

I hope you will pop by my blog for your chance at my bi-weekly candy!! There is quite a big prize pack this week!! :) :) ~Nicole~

NGCARDS said...

Such a beautiful creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Wow this is so fabulous, love the cute image and the trees are so great! The roses are just fabulous. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

Anonymous said...

What a clever creation, I love the music on the trees and the pop out card, beautifully done
Hugs Julie P

Dangina Martinez said...

Such a sweet image and pretty designer papers.. Love it! Thank You so much for joining us here at Loves Rubber Stamps this week. We are so happy you shared your fab project with us.
Tons of Hugs, Dangina

Unknown said...

Beautiful and sweet Christmas card! Thank you for playing at http://7kidschallengeblog.blogspot.com.

7 KIDS said...

What a sweet Christmas project! Thanks for participating in the www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge.

Rosie said...

Gorgeous easel card!! Love it!! Thank you for playing in our www.7kidscollegefund.com challenge!! Hugs, Rosie

Doreen said...

gorgeous card and fab details and colours. Love it
Many thanks for joining us at Magnolia Mania this week
Doreen xx

Elaine said...

Hi Laura,

I've commented on this card previously, but I wanted to pop on here and say thank you for the lovely comment you left me.

Big hugs
Elaine xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Tilda coloring and designing Laura! Love your peek a boo card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...